Jewish Temple Malibu CA
Welcome to the Malibu Jewish Center and Synagogue, the Jewish temple Malibu CA residents come to. Our congregation inclusive of all lifestyles and Jewish traditions, welcoming all to come and worship with us. Our Malibu Jewish temple overlooks the Pacific Ocean, offering an inviting and peaceful home.
At our Jewish temple Malibu CA residents come to Shabbat services, weekly Torah study, adult and children education, lectures, films, and special events.
Everyone is welcome to attend our weekly Shabbat services at our Jewish temple Malibu CA community members enjoy. In the summer, we celebrate on the beach, and in the winter months, we meet in our light-filled sanctuary. We also change our services with the seasons and holidays. One of our congregation’s favorite programs is the Shabbat in the Home, where our members all come together in one of our congregants’ homes and share a Shabbat meal.
Whether you are a beginner or a Torah scholar, our Jewish temple Malibu CA congregants trust provides inspirational and enlightening services. Every Saturday, our community gathers for our weekly Shabbat morning service, led by Cantor Marcelo’s moving music and Rabbi Judith’s blessings, songs of praise (p’sukei d’zimra), and traditional Shabbat prayer.
Rabbi Judith also provides an interactive, in-depth study of the Torah, and end our Shabbat morning service with a Torah reading and aliyot, concluding Shabbat prayers, and the recitation of Kaddish.
We also provide Healing Services every second Shabbat of the month and High Holy Days.
Our Jewish Temple Malibu CA offers many programs where members of our community can meet and celebrate our faith. Some of the programs we offer include:
- Men’s club – Meets the last Sunday of every month for brunch and special events throughout the year.
- Sisterhood – A diverse group of Jewish women, the Sisterhood provide programs benefiting personal growth and leadership, community support, and community service. The Sisterhood also holds Rosh Chodesh gatherings at members’ homes.
- LGBT Chavurah – This group meets several times during the year to celebrate Shabbat and various holidays. The LGBT Chavurah also marches together each year in the West Hollywood Gay Pride Parade. The group also welcomes members to guided meditations on the beach, as well as the Passover Seder hosted each year with JQ International.
- Hand in Hand – This program provides young adults with special needs the opportunity to socialize with mainstream peers. This inclusion program, set in after school program setting, also allows youth of all abilities to learn new skills. And have fun! The Hand in Hand program meets every Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. and also offers special field trips for members to participate in.
- Malibu Film Society – Film lovers will enjoy our all-volunteer non-profit program which offers members screenings of critically acclaimed and often overlooked films that are not normally screened in the Malibu community. We also have special events throughout the year, including Academy Screening series, Red Carpet Awards Night, and special members-only benefits.
Our Jewish temple in Malibu CA also provides our members with preschool programs, religious school, a Baby and Me program, summer camp, and adult education programs. Contact the Malibu Jewish Center and Synagogue at (310) 456-2178 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether you are new to Judaism or are a lifelong learner, come join our Jewish temple Malibu CA community members gather at.